Heartbeat is a function to monitor your screens and media players. You will get an email if the screen/media player is offline so you can resolve the issue as soon as possible. The issue could be that the media player is turned off or have lost the network connection. You can create several lists so you can assign media players to different emails.
If you don't see the option heartbeat in your menu you don't have rights to edit heartbeat. Contact your PLAYipp company admin to get more info.
Create a heartbeat list
- Click Screens > Heartbeat
- Create a new Heartbeat list by clicking the + button in the upper right corner.
- Name: Give the Heartbeat list a name (for example, where the media players are placed or who are responsible for them)
- Contact count: Number of mail reminders for every media player that goes offline
- Down time limit: The time a media player must be offline before being reported as offline. This time limit should be at least 20 minutes because of interference in the wireless communication can occur.
- Heartbeat active: During which days the monitoring of selected media players should be active.
- Notice from / Notice until: Between which times the error reporting e-mails should be sent to heartbeat users.
- Add contact: Which users who will receive an email if a media player has been reported as offline.
- Media players
Click on the tab for media players and choose which media players that shall be a part of the list and monitored.
On the left side you can choose all the media players in a specific group, location or screen layout.