Create a QUICKnote template
A QUICKnote template is always created for a specific area. You can create an unlimited number of QUICKnote templates for each area. Templates are an easy way to quickly get information out to the business, company or external viewers. Use QUICKnote instead of posters, powerpoint or other document files.
To use a QUICKnote template to publish information, read the following article Publish - Use a QUICKnote template
Select QUICKnote templates under the main menu to create new QUICKnote templates or change existing ones. If you do not see this option, you do not have the right to create or change in QUICKnote templates. Then contact your account administrator.
Overview of QUICKnote template creation tool (Picture 1/2)
- Add field. Drag a field from the field list to the template. All fields in a template do not need to be used in user mode.
- Select and enable mesh grids. When activating a mesh, the fields in the template are moved to fixed positions instead of moving freely. Drag a field into the template by drag and drop.
- Show / Do not show field edges. The stretched edges that show a field spread are never displayed on a screen or on a mobile. The dashed edges are only available for visualization in field propagation in the template manager.
- Zoom. Zoom in / out of the template
- Rename or rename the template. Click the name to name the template. Give the template a name that shows its scope or type of information the template is supposed to contain.
- Quick Menu. Click a field in the template to get quick options for the most common settings for the field. The company's fonts and colors. or the fonts and colors available are set in the main menu> Tools> Fonts and Colors. Below the pop-up menu, each field's right-hand option also displays the symbol of a padlock. When creating a template, each field's properties can be locked down so that the template works and is used as desired.
- Set display time. Set the display time the template should have when it's published. The display time can always be postponed in the playlist.
- Save the template. All saved templates are found under each area in Publish. Main menu> Publish> Select location or group> Select area> + Add> Templates
- Close the template tool.
Overview of QUICKnote template creation tool (Picture 2/2)
- Fields menu. All fields used in a template are listed in the field menu. The field at the top of the list is the top layer in the template. Click the field name to rename the field in the field list.
- Settings. Under Settings, you can give the template a name and set display time on the template. These settings are exactly the same as under points 5. and 7. under Figure 1 above.
- Field order - Change order and couple fields. Grab the fields and move the fields up or down the list by drag and drop. Also couple fields with each other by dropping fields on top of each other in the field list. Please note that the field that you want to drop another field on must be lit gray for the copupling function to work. Couple fields with each other to for example prevent text in one field from overwriting text in another field. Also to prevent text for overwriting an image. It is possible to couple all types of fields.
- Field Settings. Each field added have more settings avalible. Click between the field name and field tendencies to open the settings menu.
- Media library. Upload directories or single images to the media library by drag and drop from the desktop. Depending on user rights, sometimes, not all directories on the account may appear.
- Symbols / Shapes. Forms and symbols can be used to easily and quickly create graphic elements into a template. Use the opacity setting on a rectangle form to for example create background elements behind captions, etc.
Overview of "+ Add" in QUICKnote
- Text: Textbox.
- Moving text: Moving text may be useful for alerts and to pay extra attention to specific information. TIP! By using HTML encoding found under field settings, image 2 point 4, and create scrolling slideshows linking to pictures on the web.
- Date: Shows today's date. TIP! Create a QUICKnote containing only one date field. Then publish the date template into a dedicated date area in a layout.
- Clock: Displays the current time. TIP! Create a QUICK note containing only one clock field. Then publish the clock template in a dedicated clock area in a layout.
- Image: Adds a picture field.
- Shape: Forms and symbols can be used to easily and quickly create graphic elements into a template. Use transparency / opacity for example a rectangle to create background elements behind captions.
- Stamp: Shows who published the information and / or what date the information was published.
- Background: Use a color or image as the background in a template. TIP! Use the opacity setting on the background to create templates that look more customized to the layout by letting the layout background shine through.