Publish and use a message template
This article goes through how to publish and add information in an already created message template.
Create new and more message templates by navigating to Screen > Message templates. Select the layout and specific area for which you want to create a message template. Learn more about creating new message templates here.
Publish a template to a screen location or screen group
- Click Screens > Publish to screens
- Select a group or a location to publish to.
Click on the area in the layout to be updated.
- Click +Add new.
- select Templates.
Select an already created template or use an empty message template. The "empty message template" option is only visible to users who have this viewing right added on their account. All templates created and saved for the current area appears as optional alternatives.
Click on the template you want to use. In this example the "New colleague" template is used.
Overview of the message tool
Fold out the field menu
Fold ut the settings menu
Activate/Deactivate the grid
Undo latest change
- Title in the playlist
Object name in playlist
- Object name in playlist
Object view time in playlist
Publish template and schedule
Close without saving
Fold out the media library
Can be used to create a graphic design. Use the opacity on a rectangle to create a background for headlines and so on.
The construction of templates
A template is created by using fields. The fields that can be edited are marked with a dashed frame. The example below contains a text field and an image field that can be edited, while the title is locked and cannot be changed.
Whether a field is locked or editable depends on the template right setting in the current field. These settings are specified when building the template. If any setting options shown in the overview image above dosen´t appear, the template must first be unlocked. Unlocking a template can only be performed by those authorized to do so.
To edit a text field:
- Double-click the text field and change the text.
To edit an image field:
- Click on the image field. The "Change Image" button, located at top center, will now be visible. If the image field already contains an image, any cropping may now appear outside the image field frame.
- Click Change Image. The file library opens up.
- Select an already uploaded image from any of your folders or upload a new image.
Crop an image in a image field
- Crop an image in an image field. Make sure both croup mode and cropping mode are enabled (the icons will turn blue).
- Grab one of the image's corner points and enlarge the image by dragging the corner point outward.
- All parts of the picture that is outside the image frame will turn grey.
- When you're satisfied with the image size you can also drag and drop the image to change its location in the image field.
- Disable crop mode to give the image its new crop and location in the image field.
- Once you have filled in information in the fields you want to use click publish in the upper right corner and proceed to the scheduling. Read more about scheduling here.
- When cropping an image by dragging its headers zooms in the image. If the image has a lower resolution than the template's image field the image can be perceived as pixelated as it appears on a screen.
- If you pull in an edge point instead of a corner point the picture will be scaled off disproportionately.