This article is about how to update and install PLAYipp on a Viewsonic monitor with a built-in media player in Viewsonics CDE- series.
We recomend that you update to the latest firmware on the screens before you install our app! The newest firmware can be found here: https://www.viewsonic.com/
installation of PLAYipps software
To install PLAYipps software you have to use a USB-drive. (This need to be formated to FAT32).
Download and unzip this folder and place it in the root of the USB drive.USBdrive:\viewsonic\app\...
- Connect the USB drive to the screen
- Start the screen
- Choose a language
- Connect to a network
- Choose "Import signage display from usb"
- Choose "Clone Media files from USB storage"
- Click on Finish
- Press home (the house) 1998 On the remote. (This need to be done in quick succession)
- Choose settings
- Choose Signage display > Custom app > Select app
- Choose PLAYipp Launcher and save
- Go back to the main menu (Back 3 times)
- Choose Apps > PLAYipp launcher
- Click on the home button on the remote and navigate to Advanced option > Power save and choose mode 3. Then you can exit this menu
- If The media player is activated in PLAYipp manager the connected content will download and then be shown on the screen. If the media player is not activated in PLAYipp manager a activation code will be displayed on the screen,
Read The article about Activation code for instructions about how to activate the media player to your account